What is ClamAV?
ClamAV is open source antivirus software that detects viruses, Trojans, malware and other malicious threats. ClamAV is a cross-platform tool kit designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. Download ClamAV FREE today!
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, OpenVMS compatible
- Utilities include command-line scanner and flexible multi-threaded daemon
- Milter interface for sendmail and on-demand scanning
- Advanced database supports scripted updates and digital signatures
- Antivirus database updated multiple times daily!
ClamAV has built-in supports for the following formats:
Document Formats: MS Office, MacOffice, HTML, RTF, PDF
Archive Formats: Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and more.
Executable Formats: ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack, SUE, Y0da Cryptor and more.
ClamAV is open source software and is made freely available for personal use. Source code and license information for ClamAV can be found at the ClamAV.net.
“Very helpful. ClamAV saved my computer! I didn’t want to pay for an expensive antivirus product especially when products like this exist for free.”
Reviewed by Nikki Tse on .
Rating: 5 Stars